Wednesday, May 23, 2018



It's 2018 in the regular world, and 1864 just a few miles down Main Street. The civil war uncivilly rages on in heartland America. A great nation is divided against itself. Tearing a few statues down shouldn't rip at the social fabric of a whole country, but after Charlottesville, and that innocent girl being run over - bad things getting worse is only to be expected. Stonewall Jackson sits precariously in the town square, while down in the 'holler' an invading army is encamped. A little girl sets out to find her missing puppy, walking a dangerous path between the past, and the future, and when she doesn't come home a church bell rings the coming storm: what is lost, and what is found is the very meaning of profound. Timberville, VA is ground zero for murder.

The seven-foot tall blind pastor over at the Tastee-Freez Church has seen this day coming in his 'mind's eye'. A dark poem overshadows the Blue Ridge.

Review Feedback
Thank you so much for your efforts. They have given me much to think about. I submitted my book for review, and really didn't know how it would be perceived. I decided one day at the age of 67 to write a book, and 'it wrote itself'. I didn't seem to do much of anything but be the fingers that typed the letters. The only people that have read the book are the reviewers on this site, and my 92 year old mother. I just didn't know how it would be perceived. I'm not a writer, but after reading your review I now know I am. It's an odd thing to think of myself in such a manner. Thank you for helping me to understand that I can write in a manner that can be 'read'. I almost didn't write this book because of the 'violence'. But I have been involved in many sad crisis situations as a chaplain, mental health professional, and crisis manager. 'Murder must be solved', and innocence protected. Your perception of how I used words differently to describe the violence I write about was wonderfully accurate. I didn't want to add 'violence to violence'. You are a most sensitive person, and your review gives me hope that I can have a 'voice' that speaks for a greater understanding of our responsibility in how we use words. I was deeply moved by your efforts, and can't thank you enough for sharing them. I will always treasure them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The most effective way to build your Instagram following?

STIM Social Review: Best Instagram Bot?!  STIM Social Review worth reading for Instagram influencers who want a bot service similar to Ins...